just the way you are... :)

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

there are two songs that were running through my head during and after this shoot.
forever van morrison's brown eyed girl will be her song.
but one even more so...this song.
because she simply is that...beautiful.  and the funny thing?  she does. not. know. it.
I know! (yes, said like my friend craig fergusen.)
how can she not see it?!  I suppose that's the "girl" in all of us.
we'd rather so quickly believe the lie that says unless you've been botoxed, bleached, or snipped appropriately then you're just not beautiful enough.

in this case.  that is just simply not true.
she will forever be the older sister who has the beautiful esprit clothes.
who taught me how to curl my eyelashes without yanking them out.
the sister who let me borrow the super cool yellow cd-man just so I'd jog with her and not get bored.
the girl with the blue smurf truck blasting "my sharona" on the way to the beach...
who still to this day makes me laugh til' I cry at her wit...

yup, I'm happy to be the little sister when it comes to her.
and she will forever be beautiful to me. :)










yup, the last one was for me...I made her and since I hold the camera, I get to be the bossy sister.
but, it was worth it...yup, yup it was. :)

6 comments:

elizabeth said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Amazing...seriously, Kate you are so ridiculously BEAUTIFUL! Jen, amazing job...love the last one...the light. And I absolutely love the belt with the shirt...sweet.

D said...

Gorgeous!!! I love them all. She truly is beautiful - and you brought that out perfectly. :)

Kate the Great: said...

Well with that last one...you know I've always loved the sunshine. And I love all the things you say about me....Chemo likes these by the way, and wonders which magazine these came from!! You did an amazing job and I had fun "letting" you boss me around. ;)

DESIGNEDbyemily said...

seriously beautiful! both in front of and behind the lens.

Tami Ling Photography said...

These are simply beautiful. And can I just say that I hope to be so extraordinarily gorgeous if I ever have 4 children.... Great job, Jen!

Kate the Great: said...

okay I just now realized to click on "this song" and I love that song! and I totally remember that yellow walkman.

Post a Comment