eye of the freaking tiger. :)

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

let me set the scene...
early 90's dance music pumping...the whir of 30 cycles humming...leg muscles burning...
are you there?
then the surprising coaching moment from the instructor...
"...don't you freaking give up on yourself.  you can do this..."
wow. :)  random deep thought in spin class...

don't freaking give up on yourself. (the freaking adds to the depth, no?) ;)
but it's true...how many times a day, a week, a month, a year do I give up on myself...
thoughts like:
"you can't do that."  or "what's the point?"  or "you're tired, just quit."
seem to be quicker than the motivating thought of "don't you give up on yourself."  

whether it's with fitness like this morning...or in parenting...or in my job...or creatively with photography...or in simply getting through the day to day life, I don't think I want to settle.  it's not about anyone else, it's about me.  what I expect out of myself...I don't want to be that person who gives up on myself.  I needed that inner push this morning in spin...and I want to remember that same push the rest of today, this week, this month...this year.

it's a choice.  it always is for me...to have my "rocky balboa" moment and to
not freaking give up on myself.  :)

4 comments:

Kate the Great: said...

I know exactly which instructor said that. She's freaking awesome.

elizabeth said...

Oh...thats good..I love that...don't you freaking give up on yourself. ;p Love you!

kiersten said...

I'll call you.....

Linny Jane Vintage said...

you go girl. That's all I gotta say! Keep on inspiring:)

Post a Comment