growing old with you

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

in the wedding singer robbie sings a love song to julia on an airplane after being introduced by billy idol.
epic romance movie moment. :)
after meeting these two, I could not get it out of my head. :)
yes, it's a funny, tongue-in-cheek song...
                            but the heart of it is endearing and speaks of love in real life.

"I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad carry you around when your arthritis is bad :)
                       all I wanna do is grow old with you
      I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches build you a fire if the furnace breaks
                               oh, it could be so nice, growing old with you
I'll miss you
     kiss you
         give you my coat when you are cold
             need you
                 feed you
                        even let ya hold the remote control...
so let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink put you to bed if you've had too much to drink
                                                           I could be the man who grows old with you
                            I wanna grow old with you"


I think the reason I thought of this song when I met them was in part because of the way he looks at her...
kind of a half smile as if he's just happy to be with her...
also, his "real" smile is reserved for her...
his eyes light up, his shoulders relax and he obviously happy just to be with her.

the other part I thought of this song is obviously because of her.
yes, she is stunning and will be an ABSOLUTE joy to photograph at their wedding in september!
but it's the way she sort of shyly dips her head when he loves on her,
it's the way her eyes smile when she watches him with their BEYOND sweet dog, rio...
and it is just something that I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing...

this modern couple has a very distinct sort of an "old soul" kind of a love
and getting to photograph them was simply my pleasure. :)











0 comments:

Post a Comment