contagious

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

growing up in my house on a friday night you could typically hear this at full decibel level on my parents tv...




to say the least, my dad was a mega chicago bull's fan.
his enthusiasm was contagious.
I LOVED the bull's and the hype because of his enthusiasm for them.
    true, at the time we had the dream team of pippen, jordan & rodman...
        and yes, I'm a bit biased since I'm from outside of chicago...
            and it might have also helped that my dad's enthusiasm made our house
                 THE house to hang out at on game night...
                       that, and the fact that we had a giant freezer large enough to hold a grown man filled
                            with ice cream 24/7 right next to our ping pong table...
but that is a whole other blog post for another day ;)

all this to say...deep down, I have a soft spot for basketball.
so when I got the opportunity to design a basketball tournament logo for a local christian high school, I said yes!
they were open to new somewhat non-traditional ideas, so I got to have a ton of fun in this design process...

it starts with a idea board:


that lead into some ideas:




which finally led to a finished logo...very minimal, modern and clean...I can't wait to see the outcome of tournament! :)

1 comments:

Linny Jane Vintage said...

so cool Jen:) I can just picture sweet Josh watching the game in all his sweatpanted glory. Totally dig the logo!

Post a Comment