my honey moon :)

Monday, June 21, 2010

did you know that today was the first day of summer?
I know! (you have to say that like craig fergusen for the full effect of saying, I know!) :)
otherwise known as: summer solstice. (summer solstice?!  for you lindsey. :) )

or:
the day that the sun stands still for a minute...
midsummer's night...
honey moon...

I like that.  honey moon.  because they made sweetened wine from honey for all the wedding celebrations happening after the summer solstice.  honey moon has a nicer ring than solstice, no?

I love summer.
well, not really arizona summer.  but summer back home...
going to the dunes and eating pringles with sandy/salty fingers singing chama-chameleon :).
rolling all the windows down and opening the moon roof and just driving old country roads letting your left hand "float" outside the window.
watching the sun set as you finish off just one more game of volleyball and then turning on the flood lights only to keep playing all night long.
laying on the trampoline with absolutely no lights on and counting millions of stars.
catching twenty lightning bugs in a glass jar only to let them go again.
canoeing down a river and letting your toes skim the water.
listening and watching a summer thunderstorm roll in on a screened in porch.

*sigh.*
yes, I love summer.
I get to go back home in three weeks.  july 14th to the 23rd to be exact. :)
there.


there is where I will enjoy my honey moon. :)
happy honey moon to you. :)

p.s. I am only taking on four photography sessions while I'm in IL, as of right now.   email me if you'd like to book one of those sessions at jendriesbach@kreatid.com :)

5 comments:

little luxury list said...

Oh my you're making me miss my NYC summers. Now that I live in the land of eternal summer, the appreciation of the season isn't the same.

I discovered your blog through Shalon and I love your photos. I'm happy to be following now!

elizabeth said...

Wish I was there so I could get our family photos done! Have fun!

Linny Jane Vintage said...

thank you for your shout out to the summer solstice! You know I got excited:) Gotta love summers!

DESIGNEDbyemily said...

Jen - I love that paint pictures with words just as wonderfully as you capture them with a lens. Than you for living & sharing transparently...you leave me 'simply inspired'

kiersten said...

Did you know that June 21st is the first day David and I met? It will always be the best day of the year....better than our anniversary because without the 21st, I wouldn't have the 6th! We got engaged on the shortest day of the year, 6 months later!

Post a Comment